Honeywell 4208U Universal 8-Zone Remote Point Module - 4208U
4208U universal 8-zone remote point modules allow the use of available expansion zones on Honeywell / ADEMCO controls that support V-Plex® polling loop devices. Universal means that it is supported by panels that can use serial number zone programming and panels that support only dip switch mode.
Early versions of the Honeywell (Ademco) panels that supported V-Plex polling loop technology did so using devices whose zone number was determined by dip switch settings on the device. A dip switch setting of 12 meant that the device used zone number 12. With the 4208U, the device's dip switch setting determined which eight (8) zones the device would use.
If you plan to be working with an older panel that only supports dip switch polling loop devices, you must use the 4208U, assuming you need an 8-zone expander. If you plan to work with any newer panel which will support serial number devices, you can use either the 4208U or the 4208SN, but if you choose to use the 4208U, you MUST use it in serial number mode with dip switch 6 set to ON.
If you plan to be working with a VISTA-250 panel and you will use more than 128 polling loop zones, you can use a combination of 4208U and 4208SN devices, as long as the 4208U is set up to use serial numbers for the zones.
If you are replacing an older polling loop panel that could use only dip switch devices and it had a 4208U on it, and you plan to use the 4208U on a new panel that supports serial numbers, be sure to turn ON dip switch 6 on the 4208U, and program it to the new panel using serial numbers.
- Can Be Optionally Powered From An External Dc Power Supply To Reduce The Amount Of Current Draw From The Polling Loop
- Uniquely Identifies Eight EOLR Supervised Zones (All Zones Use 10K Resistors, Supplied)
- Dip Switches Can Be Used To Set Zone Numbers Or Serial Numbers
- When Used In The Serial Number Mode, Each Serial Number In The Selected Group Can Be Assigned To Any Zone Number
- Loops A & B Can Be Programmed For Fast (10 Millisecond) Response
- Provides Cover Tamper Protection, Which May Be Enabled Or Disabled Via Onboard Dip Switches
Item Weight 10.6oz
Package Dimensions 6.4 x 4.4 x 1.3 inches
Item Model Number 4208U
Material Professional Security Components
Item Package Quantity 1
Batteries Included No
Batteries Required No