Paradox High-Performance Infrared Motion Detector - NV5
(Works With All Hardwired Alarm Systems)
Small detector. Big capabilities.
NV5 is the next generation of the ENVY Digital Detection series. NV5 has evolved from its predecessor NV500 - new firmware and improved hardware enables faster and more reliable detection, false alarm immunity and more, packaged in the sleek design you are familiar with.
Easy to install. Easy to use.
- Average time to install: 5 - 10 minutes
- No PC board removal necessary, easy PC board installation, clip in/out (when desired)
NV5 Offers Superiority - Faster & More Reliable*
- Catch performance
- Even detection, no dead zones within the protected range
- Response to movements - slow and fast
- False alarm immunity Paradox technology, Auto Pulse Signal Processing (APSP) and Dual/ Single Edge Processing enables flexibility in setting detection response time compared to false alarm immunity
- Digital temperature compensation - same catch capability at specified operating temperatures
- RF immunity
Customizable Sensitivity Levels
- 5 levels of sensitivity
- Pet resistant
- Adjustable creep zone - mirror add-on provides enhanced creep zone sensitivity and is recommended for best product performance
Paradox hybrid cylindrical-spherical Lens
Paradox's Hybrid Cylindrical-Spherical takes the NV5 detection capabilities to a higher level than that of other detectors in this category. The Hybrid lens (3rd generation 3D LoDiff® Fresnel segments) offers the best detection possible for passive infrared energy reception for:
1) Far beams - cylindrical
2) Medium/close beams/creep zone - spherical
This lens design allows for:
- Ultimate perpendicular beam collection
- Optically and digitally equalized beam pattern
- Pet resistance beam pattern
- EN50131 grade 2
Superior and uniform energy collection translates in a better image quality of the target which provides unmatched detection accuracy and stability.
The NV5 is the entry-level motion detector from Paradox’s ENVY line of next generation motion detection. Featuring advanced processing technology, optical technology, and easy installation, the NV5 represents state of the art technology with the most advanced and innovative digital infrared detector of its class. The NV5 features Paradox’s developed optics - a Hybrid Cylindrical / Spherical combination 1.0 inch lens with 3rd generation 3D Lodiff® Fresnel segments- the first and most advanced lens in the detection industry. This combination offers the best detection possible for passive infrared energy reception optimized for far beams (cylindrical) and medium/ close beams (spherical). This lens also features Paradox’s “Equalized” detection pattern, ensuring equal sensitivity throughout the protected area. Furthermore, the NV5 offers Small Pet Resistance or, alternatively, a Super Creep Zone Mirror add-on optics, which provides superior detection directly below the detector (see Beam Pattern). The NV5 offers Auto Pulse Signal Processing with two levels of RF rejection, dual or single edge processing, and LED feedback for each setting. With precision and equalized detection, superior detector stability, total area coverage, and complete false alarm protection, the NV5 is the most advanced and innovative digital infrared detector in its class.
• Infrared motion detector managed by Full Authority Digital Electronics Control (FADEC)
• Paradox’s Hybrid Cylindrical-Spherical 1.0 inch lens with 3rd generation 3D Lodiff® Fresnel segments- 10 x 10 m (32.8 x 32.8 ft), 90° viewing angle, and 0.5 m (1.6 ft) to max range (no dead zone beam pattern)
• Paradox’s equalized detection pattern
• Paradox Super Creep down-looking beam optic option for straight down detection
• Pet Resistance up to 16 kg (35 lb)
• Dual/Single Edge Processing selection
• Paradox patented Auto Pulse Signal Processing (APSP) with settings for normal or high interference environments
• Digitally equalized temperature compensation
• Digital Sensitivity trimmer adjustment with five range levels and LED feedback
• Miniature yet easy to install with no PCB removal or adjustment
• CE and EN50131 Grade 2 approved
Advanced Digital Technology (FADEC)
The NV5’s digital analysis and algorithms ensure precise and accurate detection performance, managed by Full Authority Digital Electronics Control (FADEC). Depending on the environment application, the NV5 can be easily configured with its unique pre‑programmed profile settings (Normal, Moderate, Pet Resistant, and Harsh).
• High-resolution and full-dynamic range digital signal conversion
• High-speed, advanced algorithm, digital signal processing
• Digital EMI / RFI interference rejection
• Five choices of digital range levels (via trimpot)
Paradox’s Hybrid Cylindrical-Spherical combination offers the best detection possible for passive infrared energy reception for far beams (1. Cylindrical) and medium/close beams (2. Spherical). This lens design allows for ultimate perpendicular beam collection. Superior and uniform energy collection translates to a better image quality of the target which provides unmatched detection accuracy and stability.